Sunday, November 8, 2015

Selling on eBay

While I am still very interested in blogging about being a Tightwad, and all things Frugal, I am taking my Tightwaddery into a new direction.  I have been selling on eBay now for over a year and have maintained an average of about $150 a month in profit.  I started out wanting to just clean out closets and drawers without having an actual yard sale and turn these items into extra spending money.  My approach up until about a month ago, was very part time and more in the vein of a hobby than a job or actual income making scheme.

About a month ago or so, my husband found a watch at a garage sale for a $1.  The watch didn't fit me so I listed it on eBay and sold it for $86.  It was at this point that my eBay "hobby" got his attention.  With his help, I have now opened a Basic Store on eBay (free the first month) and have built up a modest inventory of about 150 items, up from about 40 items.  My profit in October rose to $260, so its coming along nicely.

I am changing the tone a little of my blog to the life and times of selling on eBay and hope you will find these posts useful and amusing as I grow my little fledgling of a business.


No comments:

Post a Comment