Thursday, November 12, 2015

Selling on eBay Diary November 12th

I added up my sales as of yesterday and will make Top Rated Seller this month!  If you're new to eBay selling or you are considering selling, this is the first goal to set! I've been selling for about a year and a half.  I met all the criteria last December, called to ask when I would see this distinction show on my eBay membership and found out about the bane of a Sellers' existence, The Defect.  What's a defect I asked? After I was walked through the process of looking at these, I was crushed!  I had 100% positive feedback, how in the world did I have defects?

I didn't know that cancelling a transaction would cause me a problem with eBay.  This leads me to my next subject:  The Unpaid Assistant.  eBay allows buyers to purchase or win bids without immediately paying for the item.  I had several not pay at all, so I thought I could simply re-list and move on.  Not true.  eBay requires the buyer REQUEST a cancellation and even though I sent a couple of messages through eBay's system, I would re-list with confidence because the Buyer obviously didn't want the item.  NOT OKAY, says eBay.  I turned on the "Unpaid Assistant" and now a year later, all those defects have finally come off making me eligible again to build my sales to achieve Top Rated Seller.

To the Buyers, please understand when you wait to pay, the Seller is required to hold this item for you for a total of 9 days.  If you do not reply to eBay's prompts to pay or cancel, you will also receive a defect.  You will not however, receive any restrictions to your account if you simply contact the seller and request to cancel.  Most sellers will agree, since no money has been exchanged and nothing has been shipped. No harm no foul!

I hope you can learn something about selling or shopping on eBay today since we have Black Friday coming up!  I belong to a Facebook group called The Thrifting Board and one of our admins asked us to set a new challenge today for two weeks.  My goal is to have 200 total listings available including 25 toys, games or Christmas gifts.  I will keep you posted on my progress!  What have you planned for Black Friday?


No comments:

Post a Comment