Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tightwad Diary October 22

We've been trying to SLOWLY switch from hamburger meat to ground turkey meat! There are several nutritional reasons, I'm sure (I won't bore you or myself with a bunch of links), but for us its purely financial.  At Aldi's it's $1.79 per pound where hamburger meat is $2.79 per pound.  The Hubster made spaghetti with turkey meat and chunky marinara for dinner this evening.  It was very good!! A little parmesan and a touch of black pepper and I was in heaven.  We've tried in the past to make hamburger patties with ground
turkey meat, breakfast burritos and stroganoff, it just wasn't the same! I can't quite go there yet. Since spaghetti gets made in our house at least three times per month, using 1lb per batch, we save $3 per month.  The turkey meat doesn't seem to shrivel as much as the hamburger meat, so there are more generous leftovers the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment